My whole clean eating journey began with the Advocare 24 Day Challenge that David and I did this past November. And today is the last day of our 10 Day Herbal Cleanse! The 10 days really helps jump start your healthy eating and refocus you and after our trip to Puerto Rico and the traveling I definitely needed a jump start back in to clean eating! I even got a great new cook book Clean Eating by Terry Walters, which is an amazing resource for anyone starting the clean eating journey! Here is my new favorite clean eating dessert recipe! David loves strawberries and let’s face it I love anything sweet so this was perfect for us!
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Neutral-flavored cooking spray (such as sunflower or grape seed)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, divided
- 6 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup Sucanat, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 1/2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered (about 20 oz)
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Preheat grill to medium or preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 6 12 x 14-inch pieces of foil and mist with cooking spray.
- In a small food processor, process 1/4 cup oats until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup oats, coconut, walnuts, 2 tbsp Sucanat and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Drizzle in oil and maple syrup and mix until crumbly in texture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, remaining 2 tbsp Sucanat, lemon juice and arrowroot. Toss to combine. Divide strawberry mixture evenly into the center of foil pieces and top each with oat mixture, dividing evenly. Bring short edges of foil together. Fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal. Place packets directly on grill or on a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Grill or bake for 15 minutes. Carefully open packets and transfer contents to serving bowls.
Nutrients per serving (1 Strawberry Coconut Crisp packet): Calories: 198, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Omega-3s: 510 mg, Omega-6s: 2,151 mg, Carbs: 28 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 17 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 3 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
**this recipe is from http://www.CLEANEATINGMAG.com and written by Cara Lyons
Now we did not put these babies in foil I just used a 9 x 13″ glass Pyrex dish and baked them for 15 min covered in foil and then 5 minutes with the foil removed to make the crumble crispy.